NYU is a top driver of New York’s local and regional economy. The University:
- is one of New York City’s largest employers
- accelerates economic activity through business development and technological innovations
- contributes financial assistance and volunteer aid to hundreds of nonprofit organizations
- attracts tens of thousands of students, scholars, and visitors to NYC
- generates billions of dollars of state and city tax revenue
- supports countless vendors and contractors through direct procurements and indirect spending multipliers
Report: NYU Community Impact
New York University has been a force behind entrepreneurship, sustainability, employment, and charitable giving, in New York City and New York State as well as abroad, shows the university’s inaugural Community Impact Report.
START-UP NY Program at NYU
NYU's Incubator programs have been designated as tax-free areas through the New York State program called START-UP NY which provides tax benefits to companies who create new jobs annually. Businesses that are accepted into NYU's incubators can apply to the START-UP NY program. Please note that a company must first be accepted into NYU's incubators before seeking acceptance into the START-UP NY program at NYU.