Meet the NYUAA Board: Carolynn Choi (STEINHARDT '16)
October 15, 2018
The NYU Alumni Association (NYUAA) represents all NYU alumni, from every NYU school and department—a community more than half-a-million strong. The diverse and active NYUAA Board of Directors is made up of alumni volunteers who steer the Association in their mission to engage and support alumni.
Carolynn Choi (STEINHARDT '16) is a second-year board member who serves on the Alumni Weekend and Recent Alumni and Student Programs Committees, as well as the Board Membership Sub-Committee.
Carolynn also serves as co-chair of the Recent Alumni Network. Outside of NYU, Carolynn works as a technical recruiter for Square and manages events for Tech Ladies®, a global community that connects 30,000+ women to the best opportunities in tech.
What is your favorite…?
- Food? açai bowls
- TV show? Silicon Valley
- Musical artist? Chance the Rapper
- Way to spend a Saturday? Trying a new brunch spot with friends or rock climbing at Brooklyn Boulders. (The latter's a new hobby!)
- Place to travel? Hawaii. The long flight from NYC is worth it.
- Place on the NYU campus? Center for Student Life inside Kimmel. I have so many fond memories working on Class Activities Board (CAB) events there with my peers!
- Memory from your time at NYU? It's a tie between studying at NYU Paris in Spring '14 and organizing Senior Week '16 for my class!
Why do you give back to NYU?
Thanks to NYU, I not only have a strong professional network, but also lifelong friends across the world. I give back to the university because I want students to graduate with a similar experience and feel supported by the NYUAA community from day one!