About Volunteering with NYU
The strength of the NYU Alumni Association (NYUAA) is fueled by alumni volunteers who remain connected to the University by sharing their time and talents. We count on volunteers for everything from leading our NYU Alumni Clubs to assisting with student admissions. Check out these quick and easy ways to get involved. Complete the Volunteer Interest Form to get started!
- Sign up to be a Violet Volunteer: help out at NYU events and take part in service projects with the NYUAA throughout the year
- Join or start an NYU Alumni Club
- Sign up to be an NYU Torchbearer, a group of alumni volunteers who assist NYU’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions in recruiting superior undergraduate students
- Help spread the word or share your love for NYU as a #ViralViolet social media ambassador. All alumni are welcome to sign up for the online platform!
- Hire a Violet: find NYU talent for jobs or internships with your business or employer
- Host a Violet Talk: connect and engage with NYU students online.
- Alumni Speakers List: Share your professional expertise and experiences with fellow alumni and students as a panelist or speaker at a future NYU event (NOTE - this role includes creating a profile on the NYU Violet Network).
- Host a New Student Send-Off: host a casual reception for incoming students and their families to make friends, build community, and help with any last-minute questions before they arrive on campus
- Join an NYUAA Board Advisory Committee: work with fellow alumni volunteers and Alumni Relations staff on initiatives that support the mission of the NYUAA.
- Mentor a Student: give back by advising and providing guidance to current NYU students through established NYU school and enrichment programs.
- Host an event: have access to or own an event space that can be used for a gathering or alumni event? Share potential program ideas and help the Office of Alumni Relations plan an event for fellow alumni.
- Get involved with your School or College: attend events, volunteer, or reconnect with your school alumni association
I’ve submitted my volunteer interest form. When should I expect to hear from you?
Depending on your preferred volunteer program or opportunity, you should expect to hear back from a member of our team within 5–7 business days. In the meantime, feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions, or if you are in need of additional information.
How much time will I have to commit?
That depends! Many of our opportunities differ in required hours and length of service. You will be able to indicate your anticipated time commitment and ability on the Volunteer Interest Form. The Office of Alumni Relations will use this information when placing volunteers within our various programs and initiatives.
I’m not sure how I want to get involved; who can I contact in order to learn more about the available opportunities?
If you are interested in scheduling a phone call or in-person meeting with a member of our team, please call (212) 998-6957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to host an alumni event, but I’m not sure what that would entail. Could you provide me more information?
We love having the opportunity to host events with members of the NYU community, and try to use alumni-owned venues whenever possible. Our events occur around the globe and range in size and scale. They can involve anything from small regional happy hours to larger sponsored events with guest speakers or lecturers. We also host New Student Send-offs during the summer months to help incoming students make friends and build community before arriving on campus. We prefer to have NYU families and alumni host these events at their businesses and homes, and are always looking for new partners!
If you have a space that you would like to make available to our Alumni Relations team, please email your information and space details to email@example.com with the subject “Alumni Event Space.”
Can I still volunteer if I don’t live in New York City?
While some of our opportunities are only available to those who live in close proximity to the NYC campuses, we encourage alumni around the world to get involved! The following volunteer opportunities are available to all alumni regardless of geographic location: