Torchbearers is a group of alumni volunteers who assist NYU’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions in recruiting superior undergraduate students. Each year, admissions counselors travel across the United States and the world to recruit new students, but we can't be everywhere. Therefore we need the help of knowledgeable and enthusiastic alumni.
As alumni, you have a unique and important perspective on the NYU experience and the value of the NYU degree. Your stories—about the academic experience, about living and learning in New York City, Abu Dhabi, and/or Shanghai and throughout the global network university, about the relationships you built with faculty and peers—bring the NYU experience to light in a way that nothing else can.
We need alumni volunteers to participate in a range of activities including:
- Represent NYU at college fairs in your region
- Assist in hosting, mingling, and speaking to students and families at regional information sessions hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Attend on-campus and/or virtual events for admitted students
How to Sign Up
Thank you for volunteering to be a Torchbearer.
- Complete the Torchbearers signup form.
- Review the Torchbearers' website, which will be sent to you in a confirmation email after you complete the signup form in Step 1.
- After reviewing the website, please feel free to reach out with any questions to email@example.com. You can also email your regional representative to connect about admissions events in your area. Find your regional representatives for our three campuses here.