In-Person Library Access
In an effort to be more inclusive, all NYU alumni can now access Bobst library in-person by simply completing the library access request form on a semesterly basis.
Access Dates - Fall 2023
We are now taking alumni access requests through December 15, 2023. If you have previously applied but would like to access Bobst Library after August 31, 2023, you must resubmit the alumni access form for approval through Campus Safety's JRNY system.
- We cannot guarantee that requests for same-day access will be approved in time; please submit this form at least 48 hours in advance of your anticipated date of visit.
- Please use a non-NYU email address.
- The Office of Alumni Relations can only approve alumni access requests. If you are not an alum, please reach out to FOBL@nyu.edu
- If you are interested in online library resources, please visit the Alumni E-Library page for more information - submitting this form will NOT grant you access to electronic resources/databases.
Frequently Asked Questions
What library benefits do alumni have?
- Alumni have semesterly access (excluding reading days and finals week) to Bobst Library
- In-library reading privileges for both print and electronic materials
- Access to NYU’s wifi network via their NetID
- Walk-in access to individual and group study rooms
- Access to NYU Libraries special events and programming
- Access to NYU Libraries Special Collections
- Off-campus access to Alumni e-Library
Do alumni have borrowing privileges?
Not at this time. You may use materials in the library. Please email circulation staff if you cannot use materials onsite.
Can alumni use the room reservation system?
Alumni may use our individual and group study rooms on a walk-in basis. Alumni do not have access to reserve study rooms in advance. Please vacate the room upon request for a student with a reservation.
Do I still have access to online journals/databases as an alum?
Alumni have remote access to the NYU Alumni e-Library, a suite of databases and research tools. See Alumni Benefits for more information about access to the Alumni e-library.
Off-campus access to the Libraries e-resources (ejournals, ebooks and database) is restricted to current students. You may access most of the Libraries e-resources onsite.
Can I use the Bobst computers and printing services?
Use of NYU printing services is restricted to current students and faculty. As an alternative, the Libraries provide scanners on nearly every floor. You may scan a document or a small portion of a book for later use.
Public computers are available in several locations in Bobst Library.
How do I login to the Bobst WiFi network?
You can access the NYU WiFi network in Bobst Library using your NYU NetID. If you do not have or cannot find your login credentials, please contact email@example.com.