Second Bachelor’s Degrees
Second bachelor's degree options at NYU
The Tandon School of Engineering offers second bachelor's degrees in all undergraduate majors within Tandon, regardless of a student's original field of study.
The Rory Meyers College of Nursing offers two second bachelor's degree programs:
- Accelerated: This four consecutive semester (15-month) program is for students who will have completed the seven prerequisite courses necessary by the time they would start in our program.
- Non-Accelerated: This program is for students who will not have completed all seven of our prerequisite courses necessary by the time they would start in our program. If admitted, students would spend their first semester (or more) completing whichever prerequisites are missing and, once all the prerequisites are complete, they start the same four semester sequence the accelerated students take.
The School of Professional Studies offers second bachelor's degrees in the information systems management major, which can be completed either in-person or online, regardless of a student's original field of study.
How to apply
For engineering and nursing applicants, navigate to the Common Application for Transfer Students and fill out the appropriate second bachelor’s application, which will be available in early August. To complete the application, you’ll be asked for the following:
- Non-refundable application fee of $80*
- Personal information
- Academic history
- Personal statement (250-500 words)
- Prerequisites (Meyers College of Nursing only)
- Professional or academic letter of recommendation (optional for nursing)
- Complete the online application form
- Transcripts from all high school(s) and colleges attended
- Statement of Purpose
- One professional or academic letter of recommendation
|Engineering||Final Deadline: April 1||Final Deadline: November 1|
Priority Deadline: March 1
Final Deadline: April 1
Priority Deadline: September 15
Final Deadline: October 15
Applications are due 11:59 p.m. EST for each deadline. Decisions are released on a rolling basis starting in June for the fall term and December for the spring term.
Tandon School of Engineering: Although there are no prerequisite courses for admission to Tandon's second degree program, the most competitive applicants will have demonstrated competency in fundamental math and science courses. Successfully completing college-level courses such as Calculus, Physics or Chemistry, for example, will help strengthen your second degree application.
Rory Meyers College of Nursing: Students applying to our accelerated (15 month) program must have completed the below prerequisites by the time they intend to enroll at NYU. All of these prerequisites must be completed within the past 10 years, receive a grade of C or higher and be the equivalent of 3 semester credits, with the exception of Chemistry, which must be taken in person for a minimum of 4 semester credits:
- General Chemistry I with Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology I or Anatomy
- Anatomy and Physiology II or Physiology
- Developmental/Lifespan Psychology (Note: Introduction to Psychology, General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Educational Psychology, and Social Psychology do not satisfy this requirement)
If you haven't completed the courses mentioned above, then you may apply for our non-accelerated program. If you are unsure if a specific course you've taken will satisfy our prerequisite, please send the course name, course number, syllabus and name of the college/university where the course was completed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more detailed information regarding the prerequisites, please visit this page.
If you completed your first bachelor's degree in a country other than the United States, submit an original transcript as well as a transcript evaluation from our preferred evaluation service, Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Official transcripts and the letter of recommendation can be sent to:
NYU Office of Undergraduate Admissions
383 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
Note: If the name on any of your transcripts is different from the name on your application, email proof of name change documentation to email@example.com. Please indicate "Name Change Documentation" on the cover sheet and include your current name and NYU ID number, which you'll receive after you submit your application.