Students must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for the Science Technology Entry Program (STEP):
- Be a New York State resident
- Have an 80 average in Math, Science, and English
- Meet criteria required by New York State
- Meet state-determined economic criteria listed on the eligibility section of the website
- Be a middle or high school student in the 7th - 12th grade
How to Apply
The STEP Academic Year Application is now available. We will be admitting students on a rolling basis. Deadline to submit is September 21st. Some things to remember when submitting application:
- Use a NON NYU email for your application
- For multiple family members, you must use a DIFFERENT email for each applicant
- There are multiple steps to the application process
- Keep track of your password- do NOT submit multiple applications
- Don't forget to SUBMIT your application
Fees and Dates
Academic Program Fee: $200.00.
$100.00 for the Fall semester, $100.00 for the Spring semester and $350.00 for the Summer semester.
The Program Fee is only due once students are accepted to the program and enrolled in classes the first day of the program for each semester; there is no fee to apply. Fee Waivers are available for students who are economically eligible. Please see below for the application.