HEOP Transfer Admissions
Students interested in transferring to New York University through the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) are required to be enrolled or have been enrolled in one of the following New York State opportunity programs:
- Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
- College Discovery (CD)
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge (SEEK)
If you attended a similar type opportunity program outside of New York State, please contact the NYU Opportunity Programs to discuss your eligibility for HEOP as a transfer student.
HEOP enrollment and financial aid is not guaranteed for transfer students. Our ability to enroll transfer students into HEOP is dependent on the availability of space for new students in our program and funding for the semester that you are applying.
Transfer Application Process
Students interested in transferring to NYU HEOP should follow the University’s admissions requirements for transfer students found here.
Only applicants to one of the following undergraduate schools/colleges are eligible for consideration:
- College of Arts and Science
- Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Global Liberal Studies Program
- Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- School of Professional Studies (only the following degree programs)
- BS in Sports Management
- BS in Hotel and Tourism Management
- BS in Real Estate
- Silver School of Social Work
- Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Stern School of Business
- Tandon School of Engineering
- Tisch School of the Arts
Unfortunately, students interested in transferring to degree programs within the College of Dentistry or programs, other than those listed, above, within the School of Professional Studies are ineligible for HEOP consideration.
How to Apply
Contact the Opportunity Programs’ Office by email if you are interested in transferring to NYU as a HEOP student. As part of the transfer application process, you will be asked to meet with the Senior Director of HEOP and the Assistant Director of Admissions to discuss your intended major and reasons for transferring to NYU. If you are offered admission to NYU, you will be asked to verify your HEOP eligibility by submitting the New York State Education Department HEOP Transfer Certification Form completed and signed by the HEOP/EOP/SEEK/CD Director of the Program you are/were enrolled.
If you have any additional questions, contact us by email or by calling: