College & Career Lab
Launches online on July 13th - July 31st
Join us for a virtual orientation on July 10th with parents and guardians. Details to follow.
COVID-19 RESPONSE: NYU continues to closely monitor developments related to COVID19 and adjust University policy accordingly. As a result and in alignment with our obligation to safeguard public health, all NYU 2020 summer programs and courses being offered will be conducted remotely. This includes College & Career Lab.
NYU is powered by a culture of connectivity and innovation. Our faculty and staff have worked to develop immersive online learning spaces that allow students to interact with faculty and collaborate with their classmates. We are committed to providing our students with the highest quality instruction and educational resources despite this programming change.
Thank you, again, for your interest in NYU College & Career Lab - we look forward to seeing you remotely this summer.
NYU's College & Career Lab — led by faculty across various NYU schools and departments, including NYU School of Law, Stern School of Business, Tisch School of the Arts, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development, Tandon School of Engineering, School of Global Public Health, Rory Meyers College of Nursing, The College of Dentistry, The Office of Sustainability, academic programs from The College of Arts and Science and NYU University Life Offices — will expose students to introductory online courses within each featured academic school or department. Every student will get an opportunity to interact with university professors, students, and alumni through an online platform.
The College and Career Lab is designed to serve economically disadvantaged, first-generation college-going, and historically underrepresented students attending New York City schools. The goal of the College and Career Lab is to prepare, support, and inspire students to think about various career paths and diversity within career sectors while exposing students to college courses. The Lab allows students to gain valuable skills that prepare them with opportunities to thrive.
Online Program Details
NYU’s College and Career Lab is an intensive, free, non-credit summer program for current 7th and 8th graders attending New York City schools. Students will now be able to engage with our program online with live, interactive and pre-recorded content. Students can log on to our online platform, access courses, lectures, and modules prepared by professors, staff, and students from multiple NYU schools. CCL will track students progress through an interactive project to culminate the program.
While we are disappointed that we can't welcome you in-person to campus this summer, and know that this development is likely disappointing to you, as well, we thank you for your patience and flexibility under these unprecedented circumstances. Students who successfully complete CCL summer programming will be invited to participate in on campus programming when in-person university activity can safely resume.
Students can expect to meet CCL program staff, NYU faculty, alumni, and students through our online platform during the summer. The program schedule will be provided to students and families two weeks prior to the start of the program. The sample schedule from summer 2019 is provided below.
NYU’s College & Career Lab is an intensive, free, non-credit summer program for current 7th and 8th graders attending New York City schools. Students can expect to meet at NYU’s Washington Square Campus for the duration of the program and will participate in classes, workshops, and field trips on weekdays. The program schedule will be provided to students during acceptance to the program.
While we are disappointed that we can't welcome you in-person to campus this summer, and know that this development is likely disappointing to you, as well, we thank you for your patience and flexibility under these unprecedented circumstances. Students who successfully complete CCL summer programming will be invited to participate in on campus programming when in-person university activity resumes.
Students can expect to meet CCL program staff, NYU faculty, alumni, and students through our online platform during the summer. The program schedule will be provided to students and families during acceptance to the program.
Summer 2020 Sample Schedule and Important Dates:
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM: Orientation for students and caregivers
- Required 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Students meet online to view live lectures, speakers, participate in discussions and interactive content.
- Required 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Students meet with staff for guest speakers, review pre-recorded content and work on their culminating projects
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM: Farewell
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How will COVID-19 affect CCL?
- NYU continues to closely monitor developments related to COVID19 and adjust University policy accordingly. As a result and in alignment with our obligation to safeguard public health, all NYU 2020 summer programs and courses being offered will be conducted remotely. This includes College & Career Lab.
- Program details, including schedules and technological requirements to participate in the program will be forthcoming. Visit the NYU Summer 2020 NonDegree Program Updates webpage for more information.
I no longer want to participate remotely. How can I withdraw my application?
- While we hope that you will join us remotely this summer, we understand that you may not wish to attend this program remotely. If you would like to withdraw from this program, please log into your applicant portal with your NetID and password and complete the form linked under the “Application Withdrawal Form” section. If you have not yet activated your NetID, please refer to the email that you received with the subject line “Your NYU ID Numbers and Status Page” for instructions.
When will the full program schedule be available?
- The full program schedule and program syllabi will be sent upon acceptance to the College & Career Lab program.
- Notifications will be sent on Friday, May 22nd
My student does not live in the NYC Metro area, is my student still eligible to apply?
- Although the program is tailored to students from New York City, all applications will be reviewed.
My student does not attend an NYC public, charter, or home school. Is my student still eligible to apply?
- Although the program is targeted to students who attend NYC public, charter, or home schools, all applications will be reviewed. If your student attends a private school but there are extenuating circumstances around your student’s access to college, we encourage you to communicate these in the application in the additional information section.
How do I apply?
- You must use the online account to apply by clicking the Apply Now link above and following all prompts. If you are experiencing problems with the online application or cannot apply online because of an extenuating circumstance please contact us at email@example.com
Will my student receive college credit upon completion of the program?
- NYU College & Career Lab is a non-credit program. Students will gain invaluable college classroom experience, meet with industry professionals in various fields, and attend field trips around the city, utilizing NYU’s location to the fullest extent, and using New York City as their campus.
- Students will receive a completion certificate at the conclusion of the program.
What is the program cost?
- NYU’s College & Career Lab is a free, intensive, non-credit, summer program.
Where is the program?
- The program is moving to an online learning platform. Additional information will be made available in upcoming weeks.
Is housing available?
- Housing is not available for this program.
Is transportation provided?
- Students will participate remotely
Are meals provided?
- No. We encourage you to review the DOE website to find free meal providers.
Are devices and technology support provided?
Devices are not provided as part of College & Career Lab’s online summer program. General technology support such as troubleshooting access to platforms needed for CCL will be provided remotely
Is attendance required?
Yes, we will monitor student engagement and track attendance online. Daily recommended schedules for the program will be available in upcoming weeks.
Students and caregivers are encouraged to connect with our office if remote access presents a challenge for completing the program.
Is there a dress code?
- The dress code for the program is "appropriately casual."
When will I find out if I was accepted into the program?
- Program acceptance letters will be sent out in June 2020.
NYU College & Career Lab