Apply Now for Precollege Summer Term!
NYU Precollege offers highschoolers the opportunity to experience life as an NYU student, earn college credits toward a future degree, and immerse themselves in the dynamic, global community that is New York University.
Take undergraduate courses in a wide range of academic subjects taught by NYU's world class faculty. Explore a possible future major or discover a new academic interest, all while engaging with NYU classmates from around the world.
Precollege students get to experience the dynamic, intellectually rigorous atmosphere of an NYU classroom. With many of courses to choose from, available in person on campus and online, you can follow your curiosity as you discover new ideas and build practical skills.
Get inspired by NYU's award-winning faculty, and benefit from NYU's unique access to leading New York institutions and professionals. Your film class may be guest taught by a movie director, or your Art History class may take you on a guided tour of the Met.
No matter your area of academic interest, NYU Precollege offers opportunities to earn credits, enhance your skills, and broaden your perspective. You will learn alongside passionate and talented students like you from around the world and join NYU's unique community of scholars, artists, and changemakers.
Academic Areas for Precollege Courses
Arts & Media
- College Writing Workshop
- Internet Design
- Storytelling: From Aristotle to Beyonce and Beyond
- Special Effects Makeup I
- The Language of Film
- Cultural Capital: Media & Arts in New York City
- Introduction to Media Studies
- Acting for the Camera
- Fundamentals of Music Tech
- Calculus I
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Environmental Systems Science
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory
- introduction to Engineering and Design
- Introduction to Science and Technology Studies
- Calculus II for Engineers
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Archaeology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Politics, Power, and Society
- Classical Mythology
- Revolutionary Movements of the 20th Century
- Modern Art
- Born in Flames: Radical Feminism in Film
- Medical Ethics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- The Business of Nonprofit Management
- Use of Space and Urban Design in Real Estate
In addition to classes, Precollege students can participate in the College 101 workshop series, which offers training in essay writing, research, and other essential college skills. College 101 also prepares students for the college admissions process, providing guidance and tools to help them build a strong application.
Tap into the NYU Network
As a Precollege student, you will receive personal academic advising and be connected to NYU resources, events, and services. Develop your research skills using the NYU Library System, engage with your classmates through events and activities, and get the most out of your learning with NYU's learning resources.
In addition to credit-bearing classes, Precollege students can attend a series of free workshops geared toward preparing them for the college application process.