NYU Horizon Grant Application
Eligible candidates for the scholarship must apply using this application. The application is currently open for the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 NYU Horizon Grant.
About the Grant
The NYU Horizon Grant is awarded each year to two formerly incarcerated students.
- The award is up to the full cost of tuition, based on financial need
- It is renewed each year the student is enrolled full time at NYU
Note: If a student attends part-time, financial aid will prorate the scholarship according to enrollment credits.
- Successful completion of the NYU Horizon Grant Application (below)
- Admission into a NYU Undergraduate degree program in New York; both incoming freshmen and transfer students will be considered
- Entering NYU Fall 2021
- Demonstrating financial need
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the "NYU Horizon Applicant Information."
- Complete and submit the required financial aid application on time.
- Applicants offered the NYU Horizon Grant, will be asked to provide official documentation to confirm their prior incarceration status.
When to Apply
Deadlines for the NYU Horizon Application and the financial aid application submission correspond with your applicant type.
2021-2022 Academic Year:
2022-2023 Academic Year:
- Early Decision I (EDI) CSS Profile Deadline: November 15, 2021
- Early Decision II (EDII) CSS Profile Deadline: January 15, 2022
- Regular Decision CSS Profile Deadline: February 20, 2022
- Transfer FAFSA Deadline: April 1, 2022 (for summer/fall 2022) or November 15, 2022 (for spring 2023)
Information will be evaluated and applicants notified at approximately the time they learn of their admission decision.