Applying for Financial Aid: Transfer/Second Bachelor’s
Transfer Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid involves two key steps: finding out when you need to apply by and determining which applications you need to submit.
It’s critical that you apply for aid on time. The amount of aid you receive in your first year is typically the amount you’ll continue to receive each year, as long as you remain eligible. Filing late — or not at all — can impact if and how much aid you receive in future years. Transfer students eligible for NYU scholarships are listed below.
Step 1: Know Your Deadline
Financial aid application deadlines for Transfer/Second Bachelor’s applicants are:
- Fall/Summer Applicants: April 15 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Spring Applicants: November 15 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Step 2: Complete and Submit Financial Aid Applications
You may need to submit two financial aid applications, depending on where you live and to which campus you are applying.
Follow the chart to see which applications are necessary according to your citizenship type.
- If you are applying for Spring/Summer 2023: Please file 2022–2023 academic year financial aid applications.
- If you are applying for Fall 2023, please file 2023–2024 academic year financial aid applications.
- We are only able to offer institutional aid to transfer students who are admitted through one of the following programs:
- Community College Transfer Opportunity Program
- Second Degree Transfer Program in Rory Meyers College of Nursing (Accelerated and Non-Accelerated)
- Gallatin Undergraduate Initiative for Discovery in Education
- CAS Pipeline Opportunities for Inter-Collegiate STEM Education
- Stern School of Business Howard Meyers Scholarship Program
- To save time and ensure accuracy, we recommend transferring your federal tax information to your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- If you submit the FAFSA by the deadline and are admitted to NYU, your financial aid package will include information about the amount of federal aid you are eligible to receive.
- If you submit the FAFSA after the deadline and are admitted, you will learn how much you are eligible for after your FAFSA is processed.
- You can submit the TAP application after submitting your FAFSA.
NYU School Codes
When filling out your applications, you will need NYU’s School Codes:
- FAFSA: 002785
- TAP: 0555