Spring 2023 Update: Following the September 15th deadline we are no longer accepting new interest for NYU Berlin, NYU Florence, NYU London, NYU Madrid, NYU Paris, NYU Prague, or NYU Sydney. Limited space in remaining locations.
The Study Away Interest Form Review Process
The interest form review is a holistic process that considers the complete academic record, materials and unique program requirements submitted by each student. On this page you will find all the details needed to be considered to study away for a semester or academic year with NYU Global Programs at an NYU global site.
If interested in applying to a program not offered through NYU Global Programs (ex. Tisch Special Programs, Stern IBEX, Tandon Global E3), we encourage you to visit the appropriate school or department website.
- Registered as a full-time undergraduate student at NYU
- Completed freshman year of study (two full semesters) and will be 18 or older prior to beginning of term away*
- Students must be making sufficient academic progress to the degree as defined by my home school.
- NYU Sydney - 3.0 GPA requirement
- Students on academic or disciplinary probation are ineligible to study away
- Students currently on leave from the University may be required to return to their home campus and successfully complete one academic semester (Fall or Spring) of full-time course work before enrolling in NYU Study Away; this is determined on a case-by-case basis
*Note: Students applying for the International Exchange Program are required to complete 64 credits by the time of enrollment.
Fall Semester 2022 and Academic Year 22-23 Deadlines
||March 15||March 30|
|Regular Decision||February 15||March 15||March 30|
|Rolling Admissions||After February 15*||April 1 (typically 2-4 weeks from date of submission)||as space remains available|
Spring Semester 2023 Deadlines
|International Exchange||September 15||October 15||November 1|
||September 15**||October 15||November 1|
|Rolling Admissions||After September 15*||TBD (typically 2-4 weeks from date of submission)||as space remains available|
*Students who submit the interest form during these review phases will be admitted only as space remains available.
**Special note for students who wish to enroll at NYU Prague: Visa requirements set by the Czech government take up to 4 months to secure and process. Interested students should submit the interest form by the earliest possible deadline to enroll at NYU Prague.
Items Needed to Submit Interest Form
In order to submit your interest form for study away for a semester or an academic year, we require the following information to consider your submission complete:
- Term Selection- Fall Semester or Spring Semester. Academic Year (Fall & Spring Semester) applicants should select Fall Semester.
- Top Three Location Preferences (per semester)
- Unofficial transcript
- Offical Transcript - NYU Sydney only
- Academic Details- School, Major, Class Standing, Anticipated
- Graduation Year
- Citizenship Details
- Emergency Contact Information
- Location-Specific Details
Note: Students interested in specific sites may be required to submit additional materials (e.g NYU Los Angeles, NYU London, and NYU Abu Dhabi).
Once you submit your interest form, you will have access to apply for additional optional opportunities (where available). Access to opportunities is based on your first choice location:
- Specialized Academic Program
- For-credit and Non-credit Internships
Steps to Submit an Interest Form
- Log into the interest form using your NYU net ID and password.
- Select the term you would like to study away. You can select Fall Semester or Spring Semester. Students interested in a Full Academic Year (Fall & Spring should select the Fall Semester).
- Submit all required sections of the form
- Receive a confirmation email to access your individualized Enrollment Portal. It will take about 15-30 minutes to receive access to this page.
- Click the Enrollment Portal link and submit optional materials to be considered for scholarships, academic internships, and/or specialized programs for selected locations. Opportunities are based on first choice location selection. NOTE: Deadlines for many of these optional opportunities align with the Study Away deadlines. Please plan ahead!
Program Specific Questions & Requirements
Academic Internship Program
In 250 words or less explain how the academic internship program in your selected location will connect to your professional and academic goals. Please indicate 3 different industry interest areas (ex: non-profits, marketing, advertising, etc.).
In order to be considered for a global internship program, you must first have your resume reviewed by a career coach at the Wasserman Center or the career center at NYU Abu Dhabi or NYU Shanghai. This review must take place prior to uploading your resume.
Gallatin Program in Global Fashion (offered in Florence and London Only)
In 250 to 500 words address your academic and personal reasons for wanting to participate in the Gallatin Global Fashion program. Address how the courses and location will contribute to your understanding of fashion. Be sure to include any experience you may have had working in or studying the fashion industry.
Tisch TV Writing in London
The personal statement prompt consists of Part A and Part B which should be answered separately. Your complete personal statement should total 500-1500 words. You may not re-submit the same statement from another Tisch Special Programs application.
Part A - Please explain your motivation for pursuing the program you're applying to. If you would like to be considered for an alternative Tisch Special program, please also explain your motivation for pursuing each of those programs.
Part B - What foreign-produced artwork (a film, TV show, play, photograph, etc.) have you found influential in your craft? How has it informed your worldview? We leave it to you to define what constitutes "foreign-produced".
Your creative résumé should highlight training, awards, projects, community service or employment completed in or outside of school. You can also include working hyperlinked URLs on the résumé to websites that show work that you have completed to supplement your application. Please check NYU’s visual guide to a successful résumé.
Your recommendation must be from a college/university representative, a community group leader, a mentor, or a coach, etc. Ideally the recommender should be from someone who is familiar with your interest in the performing or media arts. Recommendations from friends or family members will not be accepted.
The NYU Sydney program is a new collaboration with the University of Sydney. As such, there are additional requirements from the University of Sydney that are different from NYU study away requirements.
- An official NYU transcript is required as part of your interest form
- 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement. If your GPA is below 3.0 you should provide a statement that addresses any factors that have impacted your GPA. We will review your statement with our colleagues at the University of Sydney but please be aware that admission is not guaranteed.
- The University of Sydney requires one full year (2 semesters) of completed undergraduate studies on your transcript. In place of 2 semesters of completed coursework on your transcript, you will be required to provide evidence of completion of a recognised secondary qualification with the necessary minimum scores achieved.
NYU Tel Aviv Archaeology Program
Please write a 3 paragraph summary of why archaeology matters to you and how this specific program will assist and support your long term academic and professional goals.
NYU Los Angeles Program
What knowledge and/or skills do you most want to develop while studying away in Los Angeles? How will you use these to advance your professional goals? (Max 200 words)
In order to be considered for the NYU Los Angeles Program, you must have your resume reviewed by a career coach at the Wasserman Center or the career center at NYU Abu Dhabi or NYU Shanghai. This review must take place prior to uploading your resume.
NYU Washington DC Global Leadership Program
- What will you gain from and contribute to the Global Leadership Program? This could include engagement with your peers, experiential learning opportunities, coursework or research, etc. (Max 200 words)
- Where do you aspire to make an impact in the world, whether through work, scholarship or service? What leadership skills do you think are most important for you to develop to be successful in creating that impact? (Max 200 words)
- How have you applied leadership skills in your home/family setting, in a college classroom setting or in a community that is important to you? What did you learn from the experience? (Max 200 words)
- List up to four extracurricular activities from college and/or high school. Be sure to include your dates of participation and a 1-2 sentence description of your involvement for each activity.
|Apply by||Notification on||Confirm before|
|Regular Decision||March 1||March 15||April 1|
March 1 - April 30
(No applications accepted after April 30)
|Typically 2-4 weeks from date of submission||As space remains available|
Steps to Submit an Interest Form
- Log into the application using you NYU net ID and password (Visiting students will create an application ID)
- Select "Start Summer 2022 Study Away Application"
- Submit all required sections of the form
- Receive a confirmation email to access your individualized Enrollment Portal. It will take about 15-30 minutes to receive access to this page
A complete submission will require:
- 1st choice and 2nd choice program selection (optional third)
- Unofficial transcript
- Course preferences (where applicable)
- Academic details - School, major, class standing, anticipated graduation year
- Citizenship details
- Emergency contact information