Fully Remote Courses
Several Global Sites are offering fully online courses. Please note all courses must be taken 100% synchronously and follow the location calendars. Course meeting patterns in Albert are listed in the location time zone. Please navigate to site specific courses page for course descriptions and sample syllabi. Courses below run closely aligned to the New York Summer Session 1 dates unless otherwise noted.
Remote course offerings are subject to change.
How to Register for Global Site Remote Courses
Registration for Global Courses is open to all students and does not require special permission or application except where noted. Please follow your school's standard registration procedures and be in touch with email@example.com with any specific questions or for assistance with perceived time conflicts (see below for more info).
- Get your advisor hold lifted. Follow your school/department procedures to receive registration clearance.
- Add courses to shopping cart and validate. See the "How to find Global courses in Albert" section below for assistance in finding global courses in the Albert Course Search. If you receive errors when validating for global courses and believe there is a mistake and you do qualify to enroll, please be in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Register for courses during (or after) your appointment time. Summer 2023 registration begins on Monday, Feb. 13th.
1. Filter by course location and intruction mode. Using the "Global & Other Study Away Sites" filter, select specific locations you are interested in to see all courses offered by an individual location or narrow down the results further by subject. Also filter for "online" instruction mode.
Use the Show All option under "Global & Other Study Away Sites" filter and use the search bar or browse by subject to view results across all campuses and locations.
2. Search using the search bars. You can search by subject, catalog number, title, instructor names, or course descritpion. Seach results will include Global courses.
3. Navigate to specific schools and departments. For example, going into NYU NY's CAS Psychology department will pull all CAS Psychology courses in NY as well as global -UA psychology courses. Note, because courses are listed numerically, global courses will usually appear at the end of the result list since they tend to have 9XXX course numbers.
NOTE: The meeting patterns for courses offered by global sites are shown in the location's time zone. All courses offered by a global site (excluding NYU Abu Dhabi and Shanghai) will include a message in teal prompting you to convert the course to your time zone. We recommend using this time zone converter.
Perceived Time Conflicts
Because all courses are listed in the location's time zone, if you are attempting to enroll in courses from multiple locations during the same session or overlapping sessions you may receive a time conflict error message. For example, a Los Angeles course from 9AM-12PM and a New York course from 9AM-12PM are listed as meeting at the same time in Albert, but do not actually meet at the same time. Albert does not recognize time zones, and will not allow you to register for both courses.
Please email email@example.com for assistance with overriding time conflicts and include the information below. Time conflicts cannot be resolved in advance and can only be resolved after your registration appointment time has arrived.
- Your Name and N number
- Course and section you are attempting to register for (ex: PSYCH-UA 1 006) and any relevant recitation section numbers.
- Course you wish to drop to make space for the course you are adding (if applicable).
Actual Time Conflicts
You will not be able to register for courses that actually conflict. For example, a course that starts at 3PM New York time and a course that starts at 12PM Los Angeles time will actually conflict. All global courses are expected to be taken 100% synchronously (students will virtually attend the real time class sessions during the listed meeting pattern).
In some cases, site-specific makeup days may cause an actual conflict with another course. Please make note of that in the beginning of the semester and let firstname.lastname@example.org and the site academics staff know as soon as possible.
- Where can I find the academic calendars for each location?
- What time zone are classes listed in in Albert?
- Can I take courses asynchronously?
- I have more questions! Where do I go?
Summer 2023 Academic Calendars can be found on this webpage. Holidays and makeup days may differ from NY calendars; however, all sessions align closely to the start and end date of NY summer sessions.
All courses on this page are listed in the course location time in Albert. Please use this time zone converter to help you convert the time appropriately so that you don't accidentally register for courses with overlapping times. Please be sure to select a date on the converter after March 26th when Europe has daylight savings. Note that you may come across perceived time conflicts. See the registration instructions above for more info and help.
All courses must be taken 100% synchronously. This means you must login to the course at the designated time as listed in the course meeting pattern.
Please email email@example.com for assistance.
- ECON-UA 9231 - Money and Banking - 4 credits
- MD-UY 2314G - Interactive Narrative - 4 credits
- CSCI-UA 9472 - Artificial Intelligence - 4 credits
- CSCI-UA 9479 - Data Management and Analysis - 4 credits
- MATH-UA 9235 - Probability & Statistics - 4 credits
- MATH-UA 9140 - Linear Algebra - 4 credits
- CSCI-UA 9473 - Fundamentals of Machine Learning - 4 credits
- MCC-UE 9032 Social Media Practicum - 4 credits
- EURO-UA 9301 Modern Dissent in Central Europe - 4 credits
- CORE-UA 9306 - Life Science: Brain and Behavior - 4 credits
- CSCI-UA 9002 - Intro to Computer Programming - 4 credits
- MGMT-UB 9087 - Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Israel - 3 credits