Class held outdoors on Villa La Pietra grounds in Florence

Tuition Discount

Tuition for CAS Summer Abroad programs is automatically discounted at a rate of 33% as compared to on-campus courses. In summer 2019, this adds up to $3,824 in tuition savings for 8 credits. The discount is already reflected in the advertised rates on program pages and on student bursar bills.

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

Institutional Resources for CAS Students

The CAS Dean’s Opportunity Fund for Study Away (Summer) provides need-based assistance to CAS students who have been admitted to one of the College of Arts and Science Summer Abroad Programs, once they have paid their reservation fee to hold their place in the program. The fund enables students with financial need to participate in a CAS summer study abroad program. 

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

Baroness Zerilli-Marimò Summer Fellowship

*Available to confirmed Summer in Florence participants only*

Through the generosity of the Baroness Mariuccia Zerilli-Marimò Program Endowment Fund, and in collaboration with NYU Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimò, CAS Summer in Florence is excited to announce the availability of two $5,000 summer fellowships for participation in our 2019 program at NYU Florence Villa La Pietra. The fellowships provide merit and need based financial assistance to NYU students who have been admitted to the College of Arts and Science Summer in Florence program and display financial need. NYU students who are interested in the fellowship may apply upon being admitted to the Summer in Florence program and confirming their participation by submitting the reservation fee. The last deadline to apply is April 19, 2019.

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

Additional Costs

Additional expenses may also be considered when budgeting for CAS Summer Abroad Programs. The additional costs resource only provides general estimates, and some figures represent costs that are completely optional. Interested students are encouraged to conduct their own research and plan well in advance for all summer budget needs.

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

For Currently Enrolled NYU Students


NYU students who demonstrate financial need may be eligible for a NYU Summer Scholarship. For scholarship consideration, students must enroll for at least 6 points during the summer sessions, and both the NYU Summer Aid Application and the FAFSA application must be received by May 1. New York State residents may also be eligible for TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) or New York State Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) grants.

After May 1st, students may be considered for federal or private loans.

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship program offers study abroad scholarships to U.S. undergraduate students who are currently receiving a Pell Grant as part of their tuition package. This federally-sponsored scholarship provides up to $5,000 for a semester, summer or academic year program and is available only to U.S. citizens and nationals.

Visit NYU's Gilman Scholarship Information page to learn more about eligibility, deadlines, and the application process. The Office of Global Programs hosts info sessions and advising hours throughout the semester, for more details please email

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

External Scholarships

Students looking for additional funding for their studies abroad should be aware that scholarships are available through many organizations outside of NYU. Please keep in mind that NYU does not administer these scholarships and has no authority to award funding through these programs, alter scholarship application deadlines, or adjust application requirements, but our students have received funding through these programs in the past. Visit the External Scholarships page for more information.

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

STA's "Book Now, Pay Later" Program

STA Travel offers a payment plan for students who wish to take advantage of earlier, less expensive rates but who might not have the funds available at the moment of purchase. After making a nonrefundable $300 deposit, students can secure their tickets and postpone payment for up to seven days before departure. Visit the STA website for more information.

                                                                                                                                 ^ Back to top


For Visiting Students

Federal Loans

Students currently enrolled at another college or university should contact their home college or university's financial aid office to investigate the possibility of receiving financial assistance through their own school. Most schools will administer certain kinds of financial aid on behalf of their students who register for classes elsewhere; however, this will require the student to complete the home school's consortium agreement. This consortium agreement between schools needs to be completed by both the home school and the visiting school (NYU).

Please note:  It will take up to three weeks for NYU to complete the consortium agreement and send it back to your home school.

Nonfederal loans

In most cases, visiting students seeking nonfederal loans do not have to complete a consortium agreement but instead are required to complete the Non-NYU Undergraduate Summer Aid Application. On the Summer Aid Application, the student should indicate that he or she is a visiting student seeking nonfederal aid. For more information about private loan options and the application process, see

Visiting Undergraduates: Go to the NYU Office of Financial Aid website and complete the Summer Financial Aid Application for Non-NYU (Visiting) Students. This form becomes available on the website in February/March of each year. Please make sure to read all information for pertinent deadlines.

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top

For NYU Graduate Students

There is limited aid for graduate students during the summer and most of the aid is administered directly by the individual schools.

                                                                                                                                ^ Back to top