Submit a Proposal
Students who are ready to submit a proposal can proceed to the submission form by clicking the button to the right. Continue reading this page for important information about eligibility.
Applicants must be currently matriculated NYU sophomores, juniors or seniors in good academic standing and good judicial standing.
Eligible student participants must be one of the following:
- A current undergraduate international student enrolled at NYU New York, NYU Abu Dhabi or NYU Shanghai
- A current and/or former NYU study away participant enrolled at the Global Academic Centers
- An exchange student from, or enrolled in, one of NYU's International Partner Universities (Also open to current full-time students who participated in exchange partner programs prior to Spring 2019)
- A student enrolled in school-specific international programs (J-Term, CAS Summer Programs, Stern - IBEX, etc)
- A participant in international programming through school-based or University-wide Student Life Centers and student clubs (NYUServiceProject, Alternative Breaks, etc)
The symposium committee encourages a variety of submissions from students across all of NYU’s degree-granting campuses and study away sites. Successful candidates will submit compelling proposals that convey unique experiences related to community service engagement, internships, work, independent research projects, and collaborations with international organizations.
The deadline to submit a proposal to present at the NYU Global Engagement Symposium is March 15, 2020.
When will I find out if my proposal has been selected?
Notification dates are TBD and will be posted shortly.
What do I need to submit?
A completed presentation does not need to be provided at the time of your initial proposal submission. Rather, proposal submissions should outline your topic and provide a general description of your presentation format. Acceptable presentation formats include:
- In-person Presentation (only open to students enrolled in NYC during the Spring 2020 Semester)
- Film Screening (Open to all students)
- Recorded Video Presentation (Open to all students)
Click here for Sample Proposal Submissions
CLICK HERE to start your proposal submission
If you have any questions about proposal submission requirements, please contact email@example.com. Our advisers will assist you throughout the proposal preparation steps.
What if my proposal is selected?
Selected students will work closely with mentors in preparation for their Symposium presentations through workshops and one-on-one advising sessions.
What if my proposal is not selected?
Due to the limited size of the Symposium, we expect the selection process to be highly competitive. If your proposal is not selected this year, we encourage you to resubmit.
Our advisers will gladly work with any student who would like to improve their proposal for the following year.
The symposium committee values and encourages involvement from faculty and staff. Here are some of the ways you can support the Global Engagement Symposium.
- Volunteer to be a Symposium Mentor. Your constructive feedback will help a student capitalize on their strengths and identify areas for improvement as they continue to share their research and experiences.
- Encourage your globally engaged students to submit a proposal.
- Recommend candidates for future keynote speakers.
- Identify offices and departments for symposium co-sponsorship.
To get involved, or if you have any questions, you can always reach a member of the symposium committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.