- be an undergraduate junior at the time of application
- be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- plan to enter a master's or doctoral program in the arts, humanities or social sciences
- have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid during college
- have demonstrated superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement and personal promise in your undergraduate career
Established by the Board of Directors of The Sperry and Hutchinson Company, the Beinecke Scholarship Program awards substantial scholarships to students to support their graduate education in the arts, humanities and social sciences at any accredited institution.
NYU Endorsement Process
NYU may nominate one student in the Beinecke competition each year. Current juniors interested in applying must submit their preliminary application by the deadline listed above.