Critical Language Scholarship
- be a U.S. citizen
- be enrolled in an accredited U.S. degree-granting program at undergraduate or graduate level
- be at least 18 years old at the start of the program
- be in good mental and physical health
- have completed at least one academic year at the start of the program
- be able to get visa from the country of study
The Critical Language Scholarship Program is a fully-funded language and cultural enrichment program of the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The scholarship is open to U.S. undergraduate and graduate students regardless of their field of study. The aim of the CLS is to increase the number of Americans studying and mastering critical foreign languages.