Health & Wellness
Safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our students is an important part of our mission. During your study away experience at NYU Abu Dhabi, you will have access to the Health Center, a pharmacy on campus, and a variety of mental health resources, and the ability to participate in programming and initiatives from the Wellness Department.
Located conveniently in the Campus Center, the Health Center is open for walk-in consultations as well as appointment scheduling covering a scope of services that include:
- Primary care from routine check-ups to the management of chronic medical conditions
- Active medical COVID Response Team (CRT) which takes care of the Students with COVID and manages them on Campus
- Mental health services including a dedicated 24-hour wellness exchange hotline for immediate health crises
- Urgent care for minor emergencies
- Phlebotomy/Lab services on Campus for students with medical illnesses and we have a Pharmacy on Campus
- Access to professional counselors, therapists, and psychiatrists on campus
- Services to connect students with local health, dental and vision clinics
- Referrals to the American Center for Psychiatry and Neurology (ACPN) and regionally renowned Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Conscious of student-body diversity, the staff at the Health Center deploy best practices in response to unique needs, available resources, and regional laws. The Health Center also offers ancillary and outreach services to ensure students are provided with a holistic and thorough health and wellness package. The Health Center is a member of the American College Health Association (ACHA).
With an aim to reduce distress and difficulties and to enhance wellbeing, quality of life, and effectiveness, counselors provide individualized care working collaboratively and confidentially with students to develop strategies and solutions that are tailor-made.
However, if students prefer to speak privately with trained peers, Raising Empowered Advocates for Community Health (REACH), a student-led group, can help. REACH works to meet community needs pertaining to mental and physical well-being individually and through community outreach events and campaigns.
The Wellness Department at NYU Abu Dhabi organizes community campaigns and events both on campus and online. With a goal to enhance the mental, emotional, social, and physical well-being of students and the campus community, the health promotion office actively shares material on its Instagram account @nyuad.wellness.