NYU Abu Dhabi's campus on Saadiyat Island is structured to promote interaction between the disciplines and foster community among the students, faculty, and staff members. Facilities, including experimental laboratories; new media, woodworking, film production, and digital recording studios; art studios; performance spaces; and music practice rooms ensure that students have hands-on opportunities to complement their classroom learning. Take a virtual of our campus!
The campus library, student center, health and wellness center, dining halls, athletic facilities, and performing arts center all enrich the campus community.
A 700 seat theater with world-class acoustics
Black Box: A flexible space with full lighting and PA capabilities
Blue Hall: An intimate 150-capacity concert hall ideal for concerts, small scale dance performances, readings, and more
Project Space: An exhibition space is dedicated to exhibitions of the academic community
Costume creation lab with sewing and cleaning
The NYUAD Arts Center seeks to focus on the most important tool for all artists: creativity. These spaces are specially curated to foster creativity and are an ideal environment for artists to engage audiences.
- Red Theater: A 700 seat theater with world-class acoustics
- Black Box: A flexible space with full lighting and PA capabilities
- Blue Hall: An intimate 150-capacity concert hall ideal for concerts, small scale dance performances, readings, and more
- Screening Room: A 60-seat screening room featuring state of the art Dolby digital projection and sound
- Project Space: An exhibition space is dedicated to exhibitions of the academic community, such as the annual Capstone Festival, semester-end exhibitions of student works, and faculty-curated exhibitions
- Film Editing Studios: With enough film equipment to shoot 3 feature films simultaneously, students can finish their film projects in specially curated editing studios.
- Interactive Media Lab: A lab dedicated to IM projects with equipment and peer support
- 20 music practice rooms, art studios, green screen studio, film studios, animation classroom, sound and recording studio, costume creation lab with sewing and cleaning, wet and dry sculpture studios, and dressing rooms
Students take an experimental neurobiology class at the NYU Abu Dhabi campus on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi
Student interacting with Professor Amin during an Analytical Chemistry Class
Electrical Engineering students working on a project at the Ideas Lab at the NYU Abu Dhabi campus on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi
3D printer in the Ideas Lab at the NYU Abu Dhabi campus on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi
A scene from the Experimental Research Building at NYUAD
The Trabolsi Research Group focuses on supramolecular multifunctional systems: modified molecules for applications in a variety of fields
Experimental Research Building
The ERB supports advanced research and cross-disciplinary collaborations in the sciences and engineering, housing labs organized around multidisciplinary areas of research, extensive core facilities, and instructional labs.
- Use the Light Microscopy lab to view and image the surface and depth of live neurons and living tissue
- Use the Sequencing Lab to sequence a whole human genome in a day!
- Use the Micro-Fabrication Lab (cleanroom) to produce micro-and nano-materials
- Use the Analytical & Materials Characterization Lab to investigate the properties of materials to the level of the angstrom (that’s one ten-billionth of a meter)
A picture from Interclassico: a game between seniors and underclassmen before Commencement
NYUAD Women's Football Team League Game
The Fitness Center
Women's Only Gym
Rock Climbing Wall
Fitness Center and Athletic Facilities
NYU Abu Dhabi's full complement of indoor and outdoor fitness facilities ensure that our community of students, staff, and faculty can enjoy competitive and recreational sports year-round.
- Fitness Center: A facility fully equipped with cardiovascular exercise, resistance, and free weight training equipment.
- Ladies-only Studio: A private environment with a wide variety of similar equipment for the NYUAD female-identifying community.
- Indoor 200 m running track
- Multi-use Performance Gym for basketball, badminton, volleyball, futsal, and hockey
- Squash and racquetball courts
- Combative Studio for martial arts practice
- 10 m indoor climbing wall
- Multi-use outdoor fields
- Outdoor 400 m running track
- Tennis courts
- 50 m indoor competition pool
NYUAD Library offers a combination collaborative spaces and silent study spaces for students
Students can borrow computers, cameras, noise-canceling headphones, iPads, and other equipment for work and leisure
The library features a collection of 77,600 books
Technologically sophisticated, flexible, and modern, the Library offers spaces for group interaction, individual study, and distinctive historic collections in English and Arabic.
- 77,600 books
- 6,000 DVDs
- 100,000 e-journals
- 1,135 online databases
- Access to 1.54 million ebooks
- Students can borrow computers, cameras, noise-canceling headphones, iPads, and other equipment for work and leisure
- Writing Center: Students can meet with writing instructors to get help on a writing assignment, lab report, internship or graduate school applications, and much more
- Online access to all databases and e-resources accessible in New York, plus inter-library loan with NY (get print materials in just a few days!)