Explore the UAE with NYUAD
As a premier portal campus nestled at the crossroads of the world, the UAE serves as a vital link between the East and the West. As a study away student, your course work is enriched with carefully curated cultural and concentrated experiences in the UAE, immersing you in the essence of the region.
Visiting Student Programming
During your study away in Abu Dhabi, you will explore Emirati culture and the UAE through lectures and field trips on topics, such as Islamic culture, tribalism, modernity, and future strategic planning for the development of the UAE.
Here are a few examples of the activities that will be curated especially for you by the Office of Global Education at NYU Abu Dhabi:
- Ride a 4x4 out into the Arabian desert for an evening desert safari
- Tour the Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Explore the Al Fahidi historical neighborhood in Dubai
- Watch the sunset at the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the third-largest mosque in the world
- Learn choreography and enjoy Indian street food favorites at Bollywood Night
- Explore the gold and spice souks of Dubai
- Immerse yourself in the local tribal communities of the Northern Emirates
- Take a traditional wooden dhow cruise through the Arabian fjords of Musandam, Oman
- Visit the oldest stone building and the original seat of government in Abu Dhabi, Qasr al-Hosn
Experience the beauty of the third largest mosque in the world, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
Enjoy a warm Saturday morning out with your friends at the Ripe Market.
Have you tried camel-riding before?
Celebrate the vibrant world of Bollywood with some delicious Indian street food and learning a dance choreography with your peers.
Holding a falcon will be only one of the many cool new things you will try during Orientation.
There is plenty to do in the other Emirates too like the Rain Room in Sharjah.
How about going for a weekend dhow cruise through the fjords of Musandam, Oman?
The upcoming Expo 2020, which will be held from October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022, perfectly symbolizes the ambition of the UAE to create history and its desire to significantly contribute on the global front in a collaborative way. With over 190 countries participating, the event will help shape the post-pandemic world with an approach based on the UAE’s defining values of inclusion and tolerance. We invite you to take advantage of this invaluable opportunity to witness the creation of a lasting legacy.
The Expo 2020 is scheduled from October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
There will be over 190 countries in attendance!
There will be a variety of pavilions and events to choose from.