Protection of Minors on Campus
New York University is committed to protecting the safety and well-being of minors who participate in programs and activities held at or sponsored by NYU.
NYU is ensuring the protection of minors through the creation of the Office of Youth Programs Compliance and the issuance of the Protection of Minors Policy. The Protection of Minors on Campus Registration System will allow NYU to manage programs, staff, and participants and to track compliance with policy requirements.
- Those registering programs and activities that NYU operates or sponsors should review the NYU-Covered Program Registration System Guide and the corresponding NYU-Covered Program Director Checklist prior to registering.
- Non-University organizations registering programs and activities that take place in NYU facilities should review the Non-NYU-Covered Program Registration System Guide and the corresponding Non-NYU-Covered Program Director Checklist prior to registering.
- Those registering an unpaid internship or unpaid volunteer opportunity operated or sponsored by NYU that involves minors should review NYU's Unpaid Internship and Volunteer Policy, the Unpaid Intern and Volunteer Opportunities Checklist, and the NYU-Covered Program Registration System Guide prior to registering.
Notice to Third Party Vendors
Schools, colleges, institutes, departments, and other units of NYU New York (excluding the NYU Medical Center/NYU School of Medicine) should provide this flyer (PDF) to non-University organizations who are renting and leasing NYU facilities with the intent of offering a program or activity which will involve the participation of minors. This will serve as notice of the need to comply with the University's Protection of Minors Policy.
Emergency Notification System Opt-In
Those participating in an NYU-sponsored program, or a program not sponsored by the University that is being held in NYU facilities, including visitors to campus, program participants, and parents of program participants, may opt-in to the NYU Alert emergency notification system.
There are three options to enroll in NYU Alert and receive NYU Department of Public Safety alerts on your mobile phone:
- Enroll for 24 hours: Text NYUALERT1 to 67283
- Enroll for 1 week: Text NYUALERT7 to 67283
- Enroll for 6 months: Text NYUCOMMUNITY to 67283
Enrollees will receive a notification when the opt-in expires along with instructions on how to re-enroll. If you or your child have an active NYU ID card, you have already been enrolled in NYU Alert. Standard text messaging rates apply.
For questions about NYU Alert, email email@example.com.
If you have questions about the Protection of Minors on Campus Policy, or are a program director and need support before or after registering your program or activity, contact PeopleLink, NYU's HR, benefits, and payroll service center.