December 1, 2022: We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our phone lines. We hope to resolve the issue shortly. Please contact us via email in the interim at Thank you for your patience!

Important: Prior to submitting a complaint of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, sexual harassment, or retaliation, employees are encouraged to review the Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy and Complaint Procedures for Employees. This policy addresses discrimination and harassment based on a legally protected status. Situations involving general inappropriate conduct, hostile or aggressive behavior, or workplace bullying of a non-discriminatory nature should be reported to the appropriate Human Resources Officer or the Office of Employee Relations.

Important: If you have limited English proficiency or a disability and are in need of assistance with the complaint procedures, please contact

Employees wishing to file a complaint of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, sexual harassment, or retaliation may do so in any of the following ways:

Important: The Office of Equal Opportunity is limited in its ability to investigate anonymous complaints. Individuals who wish to seek advice anonymously should call the office directly at 212-998-2370.

  • Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity: The New York University Office of Equal Opportunity is the University's neutral unit charged with investigating allegations of discrimination and harassment in the working and learning environment. The office is open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Individuals may contact the office at 212-998-2370.
  • Contact the Designated Official within the appropriate School or Unit: Each school and administrative unit within the University has designated a specific individual who can receive complaints of discrimination and harassment:  NYU's Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Contact List (Google Sheet).
  • Submit a Complaint Form Online: Employees wishing to file a complaint may begin the process by completing the Office of Equal Opportunity’s online complaint form.