Ethics and Compliance Services
The Office of Ethics and Compliance provides a range of services to the University community aligned with and implementing elements of the Global Ethics and Compliance Program, as described below:
Training, Communication, and Education
- Provide training and awareness on the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, and other policies, including, policies on conflicts of interest, export controls, anti-bribery and corruption, and other compliance topics.
- Respond to compliance questions and complaints received directly or through the NYU Ethics and Compliance Reporting Line.
- Produce the Compliance Matters Newsletter
- Provide informational and educational materials on the Office of Ethics and Compliance webpages.
Policies and Guidelines
- Maintain the University Policies and Guidelines webpage, a repository of University policies.
- Develop and annually review selected University policies in collaboration with the Office of General Counsel and policy owners.
- Assist in locating applicable policies.
Annual and Periodic Monitoring
- Monitor annual and ad hoc Conflict of Interest disclosures from Trustees, Officers, Key Employees, and Administrators.
- Develop conflict management plans.
- Provide substantive expertise regarding Import and Export Compliance and screen parties for trade sanctions law compliance.
- Maintain the Reporting Line and investigate complaints.
- Monitor compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act and other regulatory compliance risk areas.
- Co-chair University-wide compliance and risk management committees: Compliance and Risk Officers Working Group and the Schools Compliance and Risk Officers Task Force.
- Coordinate identified risks and mitigation plans for reporting annually to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the NYU Board of Trustees and Senior Leadership.
- Communicate the concerns of the Audit and Compliance Committee and Senior Leadership to the University-wide compliance and risk management committees and substantive risk owners.
- Gather and report on annual compliance monitoring activities conducted by the various business and academic departments at NYU.