Compliance and Risk Management Services
The Office of Compliance and Risk Management provides a range of services to the University community aligned with and implementing elements of the NYU Compliance and Risk Program, as described below:
- Co-chair University-wide compliance and risk management committees: Compliance and Risk Officers Working Group and the Schools Compliance and Risk Officers Task Force.
- Coordinate identified risks and mitigation plans for reporting annually to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the NYU Board of Trustees and to Senior Leadership.
- Communicate the concerns of the Audit and Compliance Committee and Senior Leadership to the University-wide compliance and risk management committees and substantive risk owners.
- Gather and report on annual compliance monitoring activities conducted by the various business and academic departments at NYU.
Training, Communication and Education
- Provide training and awareness on the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, and other policies, including, policies pertaining to conflicts of interest, export controls, anti-bribery and corruption and other compliance topics.
- Respond to compliance questions
- Produce the Compliance Matters Newsletter
- Provide informational and educational materials on the office website
Policies and Guidelines
- Maintain the NYU Policies and Guidelines website, a repository of University policies.
- Develop and review selected University policies in collaboration with the Office of General Counsel and policy owners.
- Assist in locating applicable policies.
Annual and Periodic Monitoring
- Monitor Conflict of Interest disclosures from Trustees, Officers, Key Employees and Administrators.
- Develop conflict management plans.
- Provide substantive expertise regarding Import and Export Compliance and screen parties for trade sanctions law compliance.
- Maintain the NYU Compliance and Risk Reporting Line and investigate complaints.
- Monitor compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act and other regulatory compliance risk areas.