In this episode of NYU Brainiacs, you'll find out how AI is helping doctors detect breast cancer, and why that post-fiesta siesta (aka food coma) might actually improve your memory. So go ahead, take that afternoon nap! Also, if you're slightly obsessed with those game apps on your phone, now you can play without the guilt. NYU researchers have developed three new games that are scientifically proven to boost your brain and help you regulate tough emotions. BONUS: The games are FREE.
A new AI tool helps doctors detect breast cancer with more accuracy
Research-backed mobile app games boost your brain and help you regulate tough emotions
That post-fiesta siesta (aka food coma) might improve your memory
The Brainiacs Series captures the energy and creativity of research happening across NYU's urban frontiers in New York City, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai. Join host Sapna Parikh as she guides viewers through stories of great impact and ingenuity, bringing the scientific process and new discoveries to life. If you'd like to view more episodes, click HERE.
- Producer/Host/Editor: Sapna Parikh,MD,MPH
- Camera: Bob Kerr
- Studio Producer: Dan Thoennessen
- Supervising Producers: Jason Hollander & Eileen Reynolds
- Animation Open: Josh Magpantay
- Music: Brian Wayy/Pond5
- Recorded at the NYU Stern Studio
- Produced by the NYU Office of Public Affairs
- Supplemental footage by Storyblocks