The Honorable Carolyn Maloney, US Representative (NY-12th District) joins international women's thought-leaders at a roundtable discussion to discuss the politics of global women’s health, and the prioritization of women’s rights in the 21st century.
WHAT: The College of Global Public Health (NYU GPH) at New York University will convene a roundtable discussion to discuss the politics of global women’s health, and the prioritization of women’s rights in the 21st century. Topics will range from the “Global Gag Rule,” to threats to family planning, screening, treatment, and reproductive rights, in what many now perceive as a “War on Women.”
- The Honorable Carolyn Maloney, US Representative (NY-12th District);
- Elizabeth Cafferty, U.S. Liaison, UN Women;
- The Honorable Doris Ling-Cohan, NY State Supreme Court, Appellate Term Judge;
- Latanya Mapp Frett, Executive Director, Planned Parenthood Global and Vice President, Planned Parenthood Federation of America;
- Monica Simpson, Executive Director, SisterSong: Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective;
- Moderator: Dr. Tara Shirazian, Director of Global Women’s Health, NYU GPH, and President/Founder, Saving Mothers.
WHEN: March 6, 2017, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
WHERE: New York University, Lipton Hall, NYU Law, 108 West Third Street, NYC
WHY: With broad-scale efforts afoot to restrict the rights of women domestically and globally, panelists will discuss what can be done by the public, private sectors, and concerned policy makers to safeguard the health and safety of LGBTQ youth and adults, women, and girls.