The Second Avenue Dance Company (SADC), the dance company in residence at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, will perform Trisha Brown’s masterwork, Set and Reset/Reset, December 1-3, 2016 as part of its slate of performances for the 2016-2017 season.
The Second Avenue Dance Company (SADC), the dance company in residence at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, will perform Trisha Brown’s masterwork, Set and Reset/Reset, December 1-3, 2016 as part of its slate of performances for the 2016-2017 season. The performance marks the first time a university has been granted permission to reinterpret the Robert Rauschenberg video component to Brown’s work, which will be directed by her former long-time associate artistic director Diane Madden.
Performances listed below will take place at 7:30 p.m. at the Jack Crystal Theater, 111 Second Avenue, 5th floor, New York City. For reservations and information, call 212-998-1982, Monday through Friday, between 1 and 5 p.m. only. All proceeds benefit the Tisch Dance Scholarship Fund.
The full season programming is as follows:
• October 13-15, 2016 - Second Ave Dance Company fall performance featuring guest choreographers Bobbi Jene Smith and Stephanie Battan Bland, as well as student work.
• October 27-28, 2016 - Tisch Dance Works featuring new student choreography.
• November 17-19, 2016 - Masters Performance Workshop, featuring new dances by Tisch MFA candidates.
• SPECIAL PERFORMANCE! December 1-3, 2016 - Second Ave Dance Company performs Trisha Brown's masterwork, Set and Reset/Reset, incorporating the Rauschenberg video component. The show will be directed by Diane Madden and overseen by Tisch Dance faculty member Cari Ann Shim Sham. The show will also showcase new student choreography.
• February 23-25, 2017 - Masters of Fine Arts Concert showcases new dances by Tisch MFA students.
• March 2-4, 2017 – Second Avenue Dance Company showcases new choreography by company members.
• March 30-April 1, 2017 - Second Ave Dance Company Major Dance Concert, SADC’s flagship annual performance, featuring work by guest choreographers TBA, as well as the best in student choreography (additional matinee performance at 3 p.m. on April 2).
• April 27-29, 2017 - Choreographers, Composers and Designers Concert, a show comprised of new work made collaboratively but students from Tisch Dance, Graduate Musical Theater Writing and the Department of Design for Stage and Film.
• May 4 to 6, 2017 - Tisch Dance Works showcases five new dances by graduating students.
For more information about individual shows, for press passes to performances, please contact Shonna Keogan at firstname.lastname@example.org.