9:00 a.m. Registration Opens: NYU College of Dentistry, 345 East 24th Street, 1st Floor Lobby. Maps of the walk route will be distributed during registration.
***Media Advisory/Request for Coverage***
On Sunday, April 17th, 2016, the NYU College of Dentistry will be hosting the 2016 NYU Oral Cancer Walk supporting the NYU Oral Cancer Center. At 10:30 a.m., oral cancer survivors and their families will join dental students, residents, and faculty of the NYU College of Dentistry on a walk through the community to raise awareness of oral and pharyngeal cancer, a disease that kills over 8,000 American men and women each year. The keys to survival are awareness, prevention, and early detection. If detected in its earliest stages, oral cancer is easily treated.
At 11:00 a.m., students and faculty will host a free Oral Cancer Screening Event on the first floor of the Schwartz building, 345 East 24th Street (Clinic 1A). This event is open to the general public.
WHEN & WHERE:
- Sunday, April 17th, 2016
- 9:00 a.m. Registration Opens: NYU College of Dentistry, 345 East 24th Street, 1st Floor Lobby. Maps of the walk route will be distributed during registration.
- 10:00 a.m. Welcoming Ceremonies
- 10:30 a.m. Walk begins
- 11:00 a.m. Oral Cancer Screenings begin: 345 East 24th Street, First Floor, Patient Admissions Suite (1A)
Registration this year is $20 per walker. All interested walkers should register at www.oralcancerwalknyc.org. The first 400 registered walkers will receive a free T-shirt. Walkers are encouraged to seek sponsorship to cover and exceed their registration cost. Walker pledge forms are available at www.oralcancerwalknyc.org. Prizes will be awarded to the individuals and teams who raise the most money.
Individual Prizes Include:
- First Place: iPad mini
- Second Place: $150 dollars of NYC Restaurant Gift Certificates
- Third Place: $150 dollars of Spa Service Gift Certificates
- First Place Clinic Team: Catered Lunch and Individual AMC movie passes
- First Place External Team: To Be Determined
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to NYUOralCancerWalk@nyu.edu.
About New York University College of Dentistry
Founded in 1865, New York University College of Dentistry (NYUCD) is the third oldest and the largest dental school in the US, educating more than 8 percent of all dentists. NYUCD has a significant global reach and provides a level of national and international diversity among its students that is unmatched by any other dental school.