New York University and Manhattan Community Board 2 will host thousands of ghost, ghouls and goblins (also known as kids, moms, and dads) at the 22nd Annual Greenwich Village Children’s Halloween Parade.
- The information on this page is archived. Please refer to nyu.edu/community for updated information about this year's Children's Halloween Parade.
** MEDIA PLANNING ADVISORY **
- WHAT: New York University and Manhattan Community Board 2 will host thousands of ghost, ghouls and goblins (also known as kids, moms, and dads) at the 22nd Annual Greenwich Village Children’s Halloween Parade. Led by the Soul Tigers Marching Band, children and families will march around Washington Square Park. Following the parade, the children will be treated to candy, face-painting, rides and live entertainment with DJ Ben the Beyonder.
The Grand Marshals for the parade have been selected for their commitment and service to the Greenwich Village community:
- David Gruber, Chair, Community Board No. 2 Manhattan
- John Sutter, Publisher Emeritus, The Villager Newspaper
- Malina Webb, Chairperson, Student Senators Council, New York University
- WHEN: Wednesday, October 31, 2012; parade starts at 3:30 pm; marchers start gathering at 3:00 pm; festivities end at 6:00 pm
- WHERE: The parade assembles along Washington Square North, near the Arch and ends at LaGuardia between Washington Square South and West 3rd Street where various activities await the children.
NOTE TO PLANNING AND ASSIGNMENT EDITORS
The parade provides very good, cute, daylight shots of kids in costumes parading around the park accompanied by parents. Good complement for coverage of the adult parade.
NYU students– including NYU music groups, and cheerleaders– will perform and assist with distributing treats.
The 22nd Annual NYU and CB2 Parade is sponsored by: McDonald's, Washington Square Hotel, Collins Building Services Inc., The Villager Newspaper, Morton Williams, NYU Faculty Housing, Deer Mountain Day Camp, Washington Square Association, Kmart, Bedford Barrow Commerce Block Association, Lucille Lortel Theatre, M&M Sanitation Corporation, The Village Alliance, Think Coffee, NOHO NY BID, Con Edison, Bob and Elaine Schneider, Manhattan Chamber of Commerce, McBurney YMCA, Sky Management Corporation, Greenwich Village Chelsea Chamber of Commerce, NYU Administrative Management Council, NYU Parenting Club/Office of Alumni Relations, and NYU Bookstores.