* MEDIA ADVISORY *
After Hours and on Site Contacts:
John Beckman | 917.968.4942 (m)
Christopher James | 347.421.0832 (m)
James Devitt | 914.522.3774 (m)
WHAT: NYUs 177th Commencement, with an expected crowd of more than 6,000 graduates and 20,000 guests.
WHO: Addressing the 2009 graduates will be Hillary Rodham Clinton, the U.S. Secretary of State and the former U.S. Senator from New York; she will receive a Doctor of Laws degree, honoris causa, at the ceremony. Other honorary degree recipients will include:
- Albert Fert - Nobel-winning physicist
- Jessie Gruman - nationally recognized health research advocate
- John Patrick Shanley - NYU alum and famed playwright
- Helen Thomas - journalist & dean of the White House press corps
- The NYUs Lewis Rudin Award for Exemplary Service to New York City will be presented to the Schools Chancellor Joel I. Klein
WHERE: Yankee Stadium
WHEN: Wednesday, May 13, 2009. Ceremony begins at 11:00 am.
* Press should enter via the Yankee Stadium press gate (next to Gate 4), which will open at 8:30 am. Press should carry NYPD or comparable credentials *