* MEDIA ADVISORY *
On Tuesday evening, February 24, the NYU Wagner Rudin Center for Transportation Policy & Management, and its Council on Transportation, will honor four transportation leaders and one regional agency with their annual Leadership in Transportation awards. The ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m. at New York University’s Kimmel Center, Rosenthal Pavilion, 60 Washington Square South, New York, N.Y.
Among the award recipients:
- Joan Byron, who directs the Sustainability and Environmental Justice Initiative of the Pratt Center for Community Development (Civic Leadership Award)
- Susan Kupferman, President of MTA Bridges and Tunnels (Public Leader)
- Robert E. Paaswel, Distinguished Professor of Civil Engineering, City College of New York and Director of the federally supported University Transportation Research Center at CCNY (Lifetime Achievement)
- Raymond Sandiford, Chief Geotechnical Engineer, Port Authority (Public Servant)
- Select Bus Service: Bus Rapid Transit — MTA New York City Transit, jointly with NYC Department of Transportation (Public Agency)
- Best Transportation Paper of 2008.
Sam Schwartz will deliver the introductory remarks and Anthony Shorris the welcoming remarks. Cocktails and Hors D’oeuvres will be served.