THE 10TH ANNUAL HERBERT RUBIN AND JUDGE ROSE LUTTAN RUBIN INTERNATIONAL LAW SYMPOSIUM
While the United Nations and Iran battle over the country’s nuclear weapons program, the New York University Journal of International Law and Politics (JILP) will present a day-long symposium on current legal approaches to nuclear proliferation on Friday, March 31, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Opening remarks will be made by Vice Dean Clayton P. Gillette and Herbert Rubin, Senior Member and President of Herzfeld & Rubin, P.C.
The Current Non-Proliferation Regime: Strengths and Shortcomings 10:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m. Emerging Methods of Counter-Proliferation 1:15 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Nonproliferation in Practice: States and Non-State Actors 3:15 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- DR. JOHN BURROUGHS, Executive Director Lawyers’ Committee on Nuclear Policy
- AMBASSADOR SERGIO DE QUEIROZ DUARTE, Brazilian Ambassador & 2005 NPT Review Conference President
- DR. CHRISTOPHER A. FORD, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Verification, Compliance, and Implementation, U.S. Department of State
- JONATHAN GRANOFF, President, Global Security Institute
- PROFESSOR LARRY D. JOHNSON, Professor of Global Affairs, New York University Center for Global Affairs; Assistant Secretary General for Legal Affairs, United Nations (Effective May 1, 2006)
- AMBASSADOR NOBUYASU ABE, Japanese Ambassador & Former Under-Secretary-General for Disarmament Affairs, United Nations
- STEPHEN KAPLOW, Senior Advisor to the Director of the National Counterproliferation Center, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- CAROLYN M. LEDDY, Senior Advisor, Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, U.S. Department of State
- SENATOR DOUGLAS ROCHE, Chair, Middle Powers Initiative
- DR. CHRISTINE WING, Senior Fellow, New York University Center on International Cooperation
- AMBASSADOR ROBERT T. GREY, JR., Director, Bipartisan Security Group
- DAVID S. JONAS, General Counsel, National Nuclear Security Administration, U.S. Department of Energy
- DARYL KIMBALL, Executive Director, Arms Control Association
- PROFESSOR STEPHEN HOLMES, Walter E. Meyer Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
WHEN: Friday, March 31, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
NYU’s Vanderbilt Hall, room 210, 40 Washington Square South, between MacDougal and Sullivan Streets, one block east of the West Fourth Subway Station. [Subway Lines: A, B, C, D, E, F, V (West 4th Street); N, R, W (8th Street); 6 (Astor Place)] Parking is available at Minetta Car Park on West Third Street.
Reporters interested in attending this conference should contact Elizabeth Fasolino at 212.998.6849 or firstname.lastname@example.org