Some of the most prominent names in New York transportation will come together to discuss traffic congestion at “The Challenge of Congestion in the New York Region,” an all-day conference hosted by NYU Wagner’s Rudin Center for Transportation Policy & Management and the New York Metropolitan Transportation Council.
Who: Speakers and moderators include:
- Westchester County Executive Andrew Spano
- Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef
- New York State Transportation Commissioner Joseph H. Boardman
- New York City Transportation Commissioner Iris Weinshall
- Anthony Downs, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Mark Kulewicz, Director of Traffic Engineering, American Automobile Association
- Elliot G. Sander, Director, NYU Rudin Center
When: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 from 8am to 3pm.
Where: NYU’s Kimmel Center for University Life, 60 Washington Square North (near LaGuardia Place).
Members of the media should RSVP to Josh Taylor, NYU Wagner, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on NYU Wagner, please visit http://wagner.nyu.edu; for more information on NYMTC, please visit http://nymtc.org.