NYU is bound together as a community, each member valued, each member belonging here, each member deserving of the support that NYU can give. Documented or undocumented, these are our peers, colleagues, and friends. It is vital that the higher education community is able to move across borders in peaceful pursuit of one's scholarship.
NYU closely follows immigration policies that effect our community and will continue to update the news and information here.
NYU Statements on Recent
- Amicus Curiae brief in International Refugee Assistance Project et al v. Trump (PDF) | April 2017
- Amicus Curiae brief in State of Hawaii and Ismail Elshikh v. Trump (PDF) | March 2017
- Amicus Curiae brief in State of Washington et al v. Trump (PDF) | March 2017
- A Side-by-Side Analysis of the Sanctuary Campus Issue (PDF) | Feb. 2017
- President Hamilton on the Jan. 27 Executive Order | Jan. 2017
- President Hamilton on Why NYU Will Not Declare Itself a Sanctuary Campus (PDF) | Jan. 2017
- Letter from President Hamilton to the University Senate about Undocumented Members of the NYU Community (PDF) | Nov. 2016
Advocacy Letters to the Trump Administration
- University Presidents Letter to President Trump (PDF) l Feb. 2017
- Higher Education Association Letter to President Trump (PDF) l Feb. 2017
- Letter to Secretary Kelly from Institutions (PDF) | Jan. 2017
- Higher Education Association Letter to Secretary Kelly (PDF) | Jan. 2017
- AAU Statement on Executive Order l Jan. 2017