Election results of April 4, 2023: Tamar Schlick will serve as Vice Chair, 2023-2024 and Christopher Park will serve as Secretary, 2023-2024.
Election results of December 15, 2022: David Irving will serve as Chair, 2023-2024.
- Executive Committee: The officers of the T-Faculty Senators Council shall consist of a Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Past Chair, Past Vice Chair, Past Secretary, and the Chair-elect, which together shall comprise the Executive Committee.
- The Chair shall preside at all meetings of the Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Senators Council. In the absence of the Chair, the Vice Chair shall preside at the meeting. In absence of both the Chair and the Vice Chair, the Secretary shall preside.
- All meetings of the Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Senators Council are conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order.
- The Secretary shall bear the ultimate responsibility for the minutes.
- Nominating Committee: The Executive Committee shall appoint a Nominating Committee at the start of the fall semester to consist of 3 members of the Council in the second year of their first terms or the first or second year of any successive terms.
- The Nominating Committee for the election of the Chair and the election of Vice Chair and Secretary shall also include, as an ex-officio non-voting member, the current Chair of the Council. The Nominating Committee for the election of the Vice Chair and Secretary shall also include, as an ex-officio voting member, the Chair-elect.
- The Nominating Committee should make every effort to prepare a list of at least two candidates for the position of Chair-elect. The list of candidates will be announced in the notice prior to the November meeting.
- The Nominating Committee should make every effort to prepare a list of at least two candidates for the positions of Vice Chair and Secretary. The list of candidates will be announced in the notice prior to the February meeting.
- FSC members in any year of their term are eligible for election to the position of Chair, Vice Chair, or Secretary. If the Chair-elect or Vice Chair-elect or Secretary-elect is in final year of his/her Senatorial term, then his/her term will automatically be extended by one year and the school election normally scheduled for that Senator’s seat will be postponed for one year. In no event, however, may a Senator’s term be extended by more than two years under this provision.
- No person may serve as Chair for more than two academic years without interruption. There is no lifetime limit.
- The Chair-elect shall be elected by secret ballot at the December meeting and will sit with the Executive Committee thereafter.
- The Vice Chair and the Secretary shall be elected by secret ballot at the March meeting.
- Absentee ballots are permitted for FSC members (senators or active alternates only) in good standing.
- For each of these elections, members of the Nominating Committee shall act as Tellers. Election results will be announced at the end of the meeting when the election took place. The vote tally will not be made public.
- Nominations from the floor, duly seconded, shall be permitted after the list of candidates has been announced
Terms of Service
- The Chair-elect, Vice Chair-elect, and Secretary-elect will assume their offices following the May meeting of the Council and serve until the following May.
- To ensure continuity, the Past Chair, Past Vice Chair, and Past Secretary will continue to serve on the Executive Committee without voting privileges for one year, even if they have completed their elected terms of office as Faculty Senators.