Personnel Policies & Tenure Modifications
reviews University personnel policies and practices, including inclusion, equity & diversity, which affect the faculty; considers any proposals affecting tenure; examines problems experienced under tenure rules and considers alternative solutions
Co-Chairs: Phyllis Frankl & Nancy Van Devanter
Members: Martin Daughtry, Julie Livingston, Jennifer Manuel, Susan Waltzman
- Review of Rory Meyers College of Nursing Policy for Appointment, Re-appointment, and Promotion of Full-Time Continuing Contract Faculty
- Review of Rory Meyers College of Nursing Policies and Procedures for Appointment, Promotion and Tenure of Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty (May 3, 2018)
- Support of C-FSC Resolution on Emeritus Status
- Review of Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) Policies regarding Full-Time Continuing Contract Faculty: Language Lecturers (October 12, 2017)
- Review of revisions to Stern School Promotion & Tenure Guidelines
(November 2, 2017)
- Committee is reviewing the School of Professional Studies Standards and Procedures for Appointment and Reappointment of Full-Time Continuing Contract Faculty (“FTCCF”) Teaching in Degree Program
The Committee and Council passed their support of the C-FSC resolution regarding granting Emeritus Status to Continuing Contract Faculty. The Council approved the amended statement on “Professor Emerita; Professor Emeritus” in the Faculty Handbook.
Ad Hoc Committee Tenure Clock Stoppage
Review of particular aspects of the University’s policy on Tenure Clock Stoppage for Personal Reasons.
Resolution regarding NYU’s Tenure Clock Stoppage and Workload Relief Policies (February 22, 2018)