monitors University-wide governance and the governance process in the several schools; considers the impact of policies that affect faculty governance; conducts regular periodic reviews of the NYU Faculty Handbook
Co-Chairs: Darcey Merritt & Robert Shapley
Members: Rochelle Dreyfuss, Bob Hoffman, Liam Murphy (spring), Jim Uleman, Frank Upham (fall)
- Review of survey results on application of principles of shared governace
- Amendments to T-FSC Rules of Procedure
- Faculty Representation on Board of Trustees
T-FSC Rules of Procedure
The Committee developed and Council approved amendments to the Rules to conform to University Bylaws.
Amendments to Rules of Procedure (February 28, 2019)
Faculty Representation on the Board of Trustees (BOT)
In the spring of 2017, the T-FSC passed a resolution regarding faculty representation on the BOT. This was presented at the University Senate in the spring of 2018. The Board responded and the Council sent a memo in response to their letter.
- Resolution regarding Faculty Representation on the Board of Trustees (March 29, 2018)
- Response from Board of Trustees (July 24, 2018)
- T-FSC Memo in response to July 24, 2018 Letter (October 17, 2018)
- Response from President Hamilton (November 7, 2018)