Faculty Benefits & Housing
reviews and makes recommendations with regard to faculty benefits; discusses issues related to housing for faculty; monitors University policies and practices that affect faculty in University housing
Co-Chairs: Sewin Chan and David Stokes
- Meeting with Office of Human Resources
- Open enrollment 2013
- Comparison of the present NYU-Poly medical plan contributions to the 2014 NYU medical plan contributions
- Meeting with Office of Faculty Housing
- Status of apartment upgrade options
- Incentives for downsizing of empty nesters
- Average rents by category of apartment
- Emergency preparedness
- Plans for repairing broken pavement on superblocks
- Window replacement for WSV and ST
Draft Proposal for Lease Renewal Upgrades
- The Office of Faculty Housing currently offers the complete interior painting of each residential unit at lease renewal.
- In lieu of painting at lease renewal, a proposal is being dicussed to offer residents the option to choose from a menu of upgrade items. Examples of upgrades include: floor refinishing, wall base replacement with wood, kitchen cabinet re-facing, kitchen countertop and backsplash replacement, and new appliances.
- There might also be an opportunity for cost-sharing for tenants to contribute for more expensive upgrades.
Recommendation on Community Use of Space at 4 Washington Square Village
- The Housing Committee recommended that the University continue to pursue conversations with the community to determine priority community needs.
- FSC identified daycare for children, elder care, and urgent care as possible uses.
- A proposal was sent from The Office of Government Affairs and Civic Engagement.