Conference Organization Grant
About the Grant
Organizing a conference is a unique way for students to facilitate discussions on a range of disciplinary and professional topics by creating a forum for intellectual and professional development. Conference organization is also a valuable experience that will enrich a student’s academic or career profile. The purpose of the Conference Organization Grant is to off-set the cost of organizing a conference at NYU. There is a limit of one award per academic year. The award is not guaranteed, and requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. All grant recipients will be asked to submit a grant report at the end of each academic year.
The application for the conference fund is open to recognized student organizations at NYU:
- The organization must be recognized by a school, department or the Student Activities Board
- The organization has the written support of their student organization advisor.
The following items are necessary to complete a Conference Organization Grant application:
- A budget indicating the cost of conference registration, relevant conference fees, and the amount of funding requested.
- A proposal, 800-1000 words, explaining the purpose and benefit of this conference to your organization’s academic and/or professional objectives and explaining the funds needed to organize the conference.
- A detailed budget itemizing expenses.
- A note of support from the club or group advisor approving the organization of the conference and confirming its benefit to the organization’s academic and/or professional objectives. It is strongly recommended that a student club, group, or organization leader interested in hosting a conference at NYU consult with their student group advisor prior to submitting an application. Advisors can assist in crafting a strong conference organization proposal.
This is not a student disbursement award. No funding will be distributed directly to a student conference organizer. Any approved funds will be transferred to the designated authorized NYU club or organization advisor, who will distribute the funds as directed according to the conference proposal and budget.
For conferences held this academic year (September 1, 2021 - May 9, 2022), all application materials are due May 9, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST, but it is strongly recommended that applications be submitted as soon as possible.
Applications will be reviewed by the Conference Funding Committee at least once a month on a first-come, first-served basis. The committee consists of selected members from student government.