Conference Attendance Grant
About the Grant
Presenting an academic paper, a creative project, or a performance exhibit at an academic or professional conference is invaluable to the growth of a student’s intellectual profile and can be beneficial to a student’s future career beyond NYU. The purpose of the Conference Attendance Grant is to off-set the cost of registration and participation in an academic or professional conference. There is a limit of one award per academic year. The award is not guaranteed, and requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. All grant recipients will be asked to submit a brief grant report at the end of each academic year.
The application for the conference fund is open to all students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be in good academic standing and is enrolled/matriculated in a degree granting program at New York University during the semester in which the conference is being attended.
- Must be invited to attend, present or perform at a conference.
- Must have the written support of a faculty member or advisor.
- Must abide by the NYU Travel policy.
Students may visit the SGA Conference Funding application and submit the following:
- A budget indicating the cost of registration and the amount of funding.
- A letter of intent, no more than 500 words, explaining why this conference will benefit your academic and/or professional objectives.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A document confirming your acceptance to present at the conference.
- A formal letter of recommendation from the student’s academic advisor submitted on university letterhead. The recommendation should reflect the advisor's approval for the student’s participation in the conference and confirm its benefit to the student’s academic and/or professional objectives. The letter should be a minimum of 400 words and sent to the committee as an attached PDF file.
- Any applicable travel approvals outlined in the NYU Travel Policy.
- If applying after the conference has already taken place, please submit all relevant receipts related to your written budget.
This is not an advance award. After attending the conference, award recipients must provide receipts for eligible expenses with the Reimbursement Form. This includes:
- Registration confirmations and payment receipts
- Proof of attendance such as a conference name badge
- Documents must include student's name and supporting information as to the expense and payment receipt
- Not Valid or Accepted: Shared receipts, payments to individuals, award miles, award points, gift certificates, etc.
- Conference date and receipts cannot be more than 6 months old.
This application is for funding award reimbursement supporting attendance at or participation in an academic or professional conference during the Fall 2023 semester (September 1 2023 - December 9, 2023). This application is open to students only.
All application materials are due December 9, 2023, at 11:59 PM ET.
Applications will be reviewed by the Conference Funding Committee at least once a month on a first-come, first-served basis. The committee consists of selected members from student government.