Responsibilities of the Steering Committee
- The Chairperson will prepare the agenda for the Council meetings in collaboration with the Steering Committee and will welcome feedback from the membership.
- The Chairperson will conduct the business at Council meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order. In the absence of the Chairperson, the Vice Chairperson will preside.
- The Steering Committee will represent the Council to other constituencies in the University.
- The Steering Committee will create committee assignments.
Nominations and Election
- The Steering Committee will consist of seven members.
- Each member’s term will be for one year.
- Council members will elect the Steering Committee in May and the Steering Committee will take office in September.
- The newly elected members of the Steering Committee will choose its own Chairperson and Vice Chairperson.
- Any Council member may nominate someone to run for the Steering Committee. Self-nominations are acceptable.