Global Network University
Monitor and analyze academic, faculty, and other issues pertaining to the GNU campuses and portals.
- Review amendments to the Faculty Handbook regarding the Global Network and the Global Network Professor title
- Identify strategies to engage more continuing faculty in the network
- Extend continuing faculty knowledge about GNU curricula; research and teaching opportunities; cross-GNU collaboration opportunities; and program-building best practices
- Understand concerns about class quality at the study away sites
- Understand faculty hiring and contracts at the study away sites
- Identified these first steps, which are focused on information gathering:
- Form working relationships with the Provost-appointed and T-FSC GNU committees
- Align overall goals and information-gathering objectives with both committees, as appropriate
- Identify other sources of information, including the office of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and global coordinators within the schools; and
- [Possible] Survey C-FSC faculty priorities for for and ongoing projects within GNU
Review amendments to the Faculty Handbook regarding the Global Network and the Global Network Professor title
In response to a request to review amendments to the Faculty Handbook regarding the Global Network and the Global Network Professor title, the C-FSC approved two amendments.
Review of Amendments to Faculty Handbook regarding Global Network (April 26, 2016)