What we do
The Benefits Committee serves as a resource for administrators to stay informed about university benefits such as salary, paid time off, and wellness programs. We review existing policies that affect administrators and submit recommendations for potential changes. Together with University Human Resources, we ensure administrators are aware of policy changes that may affect them.
Check out the Benefits Committee AMC Yearly 2022-23 highlights.
Committee recommendations over the past few years have led to the creation of new and/or enhanced benefits and policies at NYU.
100% tuition remission
for eligible administrators
highlighting parental bonding leave, FMLA, and more
More vacation time
for administrators with longer records of service
Other Notable Achievements
- Creation of an ad hoc tuition remission committee which led to the re-institution of 100% remission for eligible administrators
- Wrote resolution to create a Senate ad-hoc committee on work life balance which led to the implementation of the Work Life Office
- Started a Benefit Spotlight event series that highlights topics such as the high deductible insurance plan, loan repayment and public forgiveness, parental bonding leave and FMLA, tuition remission, and more
- Advocated for first mortgage origination fee reimbursement for eligible administrators
- Advocated for interest-free deferred payment computer purchase program at the NYU Bookstore
- Advocated for written notification of annual raises prior to September 1
- Advocated for increased vacation time for longer service
- Advocated for salary advances to assist with the payment of taxes withheld on tuition remission for spouses, registered same sex domestic partners, and dependent children
- Advocated for optional 12-month payroll deduction plan for NYU Athletics yearly membership fees