Committees are a great way to get to know the inner workings of our University and get hands-on experience in many different topic areas. Committee membership is open to all administrators.
The committees study and make recommendations on matters within their respective areas of responsibility in order to help the Council arrive at decisions. Each Committee reports to the Council on a regular basis and makes recommendations to the Council for approval. Committee Chairpersons also serve as members of the AMC Executive Committee.
- Benefits Committee: Helps guide personnel and benefits policy in partnership with University HR.
- Bylaws Committee: Maintains parliamentary procedure and official AMC bylaws.
- Communications Committee: Supports AMC and committee promotion.
- Community Service Committee: Organizes events to give back to the community.
- Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity Committee: Helps foster a more inclusive NYU community.
- Nominations & Elections Committee: Coordinates the annual AMC elections.
- Professional Development Committee: Creates programming that supports the development of administrators and staff.
- Research and Assessment Committee: Supports fellow AMC committees through survey and data collection.
- Special Events Committee: Coordinates special events for the AMC.