The University Senate consists of the President and Chancellor, and 137 voting members as follows:
- The twenty-one deans and portal campus vice chancellors
- Thirty-eight members of the Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Senators Council
- Twenty-nine members of the Full-Time Continuing Contract Faculty Senators Council
- Thirty-seven members of the Student Senators Council
- Seven representatives from the Administrative Management Council
- Five senior members of the administration of the University, including the President and Chancellor, the Provost, the Executive Vice President, the Executive Vice President for Health, and the Secretary and General Counsel.