The University Senate consists of the President and Chancellor, and 137 voting members as follows:
- The twenty-one deans and portal campus vice chancellors
- Thirty-eight members of the Tenured/Tenure Track Faculty Senators Council
- Twenty-nine members of the Full-Time Continuing Contract Faculty Senators Council
- Thirty-seven members of the Student Senators Council
- Seven representatives from the Administrative Management Council
- Five officers of the University, including the President and Chancellor, the Provost, the Executive Vice President for Health, the Secretary and General Counsel and the Chief Financial Officer.