OGS Outbound Short-Term Study Abroad Program Framework
OGS can help programs to avoid unnecessary and potentially problematic traveler departure, in-transit, or arrival issues by agreeing to uphold the following responsibilities.
Partner School Program Administrator Deliverables
- Contact email@example.com with any updates, concerns, information
- Identify a primary and secondary contact person(s) per trip
- Upload student roster to NYU Box:
- By October for trips in January;
- By January for trips in March;
- By March for trips in May/June
- Inform OGS Outbound of:
- new programs prior to directing students to OGS
- new additions to the spreadsheet weekly (Friday) if the program will begin in more than 1 month
- new additions to the spreadsheet upon update if the program will begin in less than 1 month
- flight itineraries and any potential layovers where a transit visa may be required
- any minors traveling
- of any program cancellations
- Distribute school travel support letter to all students attending the program. Letter should follow OGS template.
- Distribute GeoBlue support letter to all students who require a visa to attend the program.
- Making their own visa appointments and OGS advising appointments
- Obtaining appropriate documentation
- Research need for transit visa(s)
- Preparing the visa application
- Attending the visa appointment
- Informing OGS of any challenges with the visa process
OGS Outbound Deliverables
- Review program lists in NYU Box upon weekly or monthly updates from school administrators
- Provide school administrator with a list of participants via roster review of those who will need a visa/immigration assistance for compliant entry. OGS will update the roster within one week of notification of participants’ attendance to program
- OGS Outbound Reviewed (Yes/No)
- Site Visa Required (Yes/No)
- Transit Visa Required (Yes/No)
- Contact students who require a visa for travel upon review of updated lists from school administrators
- Programs at NYU site: OGS will provide supporting documentation and visa instructions
- Programs not at NYU site: OGS will provide visa instructions if resources are available or will point students to resources like GlobalChek Plus and CIBT.
- OGS Outbound staff will conduct research to determine appropriate visa processes for new programs if resources are available and timing allows
- Review student visa applications during advising hours (Monday-Friday, 11-3 at the StudentLink Center) or by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).