What is assessment?
- Step 1: Goals
- Step 2: Outcomes
- Step 3: Opportunities
- Step 4: Assessment
- Step 5: Review
Policies & Procedures
ACCESS TO STUDENTS
The Office of Research and Assessment handles requests regarding access to students for research purposes on a case-by-case basis and will work with units to decide how best to respond to them — weighing several factors, including:
- Protecting NYU students
- Supporting the University's research mission
- Promoting sound project execution
- Conforming to federal regulations
In its capacity, the office coordinates all research activities for the Division. In order to expedite your request, please email us your Institutional Review Board application, the recruitment strategies proposed, and any instrumentation for data collection (e.g., interview protocols, surveys) as well as approval documentation, if available.
We will review your materials and contact you regarding the degree to which we can help you with your project. If you have any questions, or want to discuss your request, please feel free to contact Charlene Herreid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In general, serious consideration will be given to requests that are:
- Received in September and October (owing to the current calendar of University survey administration)
- On topics with particular application to student development
- Able to be completed, on average, in less than 15 minutes