The Office of the Provost is committed to doing our part to confront climate change and improve global public health. In alignment with these values, our office has adopted Greener By Default and features plant-based, inclusive, and healthful options by default when serving food at all our hosted events.
From the NYU Events Calendar:
Climate Change Research Symposium
April 18, 2023
The Climate Change Research Symposium brought together NYU researchers to discuss near- and long-term opportunities for collaboration on climate change research and actions. The symposium was organized by the Office of Research Development in coordination with the Office of Sustainability and with input from the Climate Change Initiative Steering Committee.
Spring 2022 Flash Talks
February 11, 2022
Thanks to everyone who attended the first event of 2022, as well as our three faculty speakers:
Fall 2021 Flash Talks
October 22, 2021
Four NYU faculty presented flash talks about their research and how it relates to climate change.
- Debra Laefer, Tandon School of Engineering/CUSP
- Eric Klinenberg, FAS/Institute for Public Knowledge
- Katrina Wyman, School of Law
- Jennifer Jacquet, FAS/Stern/CDS
Climate Connections Virtual Conference
April 23, 2021
Climate change touches on nearly all facets of modern life, necessitating an increasingly interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to address open questions. Across our three degree-granting campuses, scholars are working from diverse disciplines, departments, schools, and units to advance climate change research and scholarship.
The initiative kicked off on Friday, April 23 with a two-hour virtual event. We welcomed faculty, graduate students, and researchers from all three portals, who tuned in to discuss the Climate Change Initiative and its priorities: Food, Water, Environmental Justice, and the Protection of Ecosystems.
- Yanoula Athanassakis, Clinical Associate Professor in English and Environmental Studies; Associate Vice Provost, Academic Affairs; Director, Environmental Humanities Initiative
- Stacie Bloom, Vice Provost for Research and Chief Research Officer
- Lisa Coleman, Office of Global Inclusion, Diversity, and Strategic Innovation
- Dale Jamieson, Professor of Environmental Studies and Philosophy, Affiliated Professor of Law, Affiliated Professor of Medical Ethics, Affiliated Professor of Bioethics, and Director of the Center for Environmental and Animal Protection
- Cecil Scheib, Chief Sustainability Officer
- Laure Zanna, Professor in Mathematics & Atmosphere/Ocean Science at the Courant Institute