Summons and Complaints and other initiating papers should be served in person on the Office of General Counsel at 70 Washington Square South, New York, New York 10012.
For further information, please consult our Service of Process Guidelines or call 212-998-4930.
2. How do I serve a subpoena on New York University?
Please consult our Service of Process Guidelines or call Ankita Sriprasad at 212-998-4930 for further information.
3. How do I serve legal papers on NYU Langone Health?
Legal papers for NYU Langone Health, as well as the NYU Grossman School of Medicine, should be directed to 530 First Avenue, Schwartz Health Care Center 15, New York, NY 10016. For questions relating to service of process on NYU Langone Health or the NYU Grossman School of Medicine, contact (212) 404-4076.
4. Where do I direct employment verification requests?
Third parties may request employment verification for NYU employees through The Work Number: 800-367-5690 or theworknumber.com. NYU’s employer code is 10617. Questions regarding employment verification may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please consult the following link: https://www.nyu.edu/employees/hr-at-your-service/the-role-of-universityhrandlocalhr/the-work-number.html
5. Where do I direct student background check inquiries?
Student background check requests should be directed to the Office of Registrar. Please contact Associate Registrar, Albert Gentile, by phone at (212) 998-4805 or via e-mail: email@example.com. For additional information on student records requests, please consult NYU’s Guidelines for Compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
If you are looking to simply verify enrollment or degrees for a student, please consult the following link, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (212) 998-4280 for additional information.
6. Does the Office of General Counsel represent students or provide legal advice to students?
The Office of General Counsel does not represent students or provide legal advice to students. However, there are public resources available within New York City.
7. I am an NYU employee with a legal question on behalf of the University. How do I know which attorney to contact at the Office of General Counsel?
Please consult our Practice Area Directory or call the main office line at 212-998-2240.
8. As an employee, what should I do if someone tries to serve me or my department with legal papers?
You should not accept service of any legal papers on behalf of the University (or your department). Please direct the process server to contact the Office of General Counsel at 212-998-2240 and consult the University policy for further information.