Office of Sustainability
Cecil Scheib , Assistant Vice President for Sustainability
The Office of Sustainability leads the University-wide effort to build a healthier and more sustainable future.
This effort includes:
- A commitment to cut our carbon emissions 50% from our baseline by 2025, and achieve carbon neutrality by 2040.
- Promoting academic excellence by improving the air quality and comfort of buildings.
- Supporting sustainability teaching and learning across diverse schools.
- Championing innovative and entrepreneurial ideas through the Green Grants program, which has granted over $1 million in funding since its inception.
- Engaging the NYU community through a variety of initiatives such as peer-to-peer education in residence halls, guides to green events, and collaborative planning through the Sustainability Working Group.
As the nation's largest private research university located in a dynamic urban setting, NYU is proud of its leadership in sustainability.